Khloe

Dr. Amber first saw Klhoe, a 3-year-old pit, on December 22, 2016. She presented with vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. After examination and blood work, it was determined she was in kidney failure, with possible toxic ingestion at the time of drop off to the family who brought her in.

Upon receiving treatment, Khloe’s kidney values are came down slowly. She was stable and sent home with additional fluids via IV’s and medication to be administered at home where she could be cuddled and loved as much as possible by her family.

About a week later, however, Klhoe passed away from renal failure. While treatment may not have saved her, it did provide her with extra time with her family, including three young children who loved her dearly.

UnLeashed Foundation